Thursday, September 17, 2009

Girls' Night In by Jennifer Weiner, Sophie Kinsella, et al

Girls' Night In by Jennifer Weiner, Sophie Kinsella, et al

My Rating: 10 *'s

Book Description: 21 TALES FROM TODAY's HOTTEST FEMALE WRITERS

In this must-have short-story collection, Jennifer Weiner revisits one of her GOOD IN BED characters (and tells the story from, ahem, HIS point of view), Jill A Davis (GIRLS' POKER NIGHT) offers a darkly humerous take on starting over in New York and working with "the Elizabeths," and Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez (THE DIRTY GIRLS SOCIAL CLUB) muses on how different the words LADY and WOMAN are when paired with CAT.

GIRLS' NIGHT IN features stories about growing up, growing out of, moving out, moving on, falling apart and getting it all together. So turn off your cell phone and curl up on the couch: this is one GIRLS' NIGHT IN you won't want to miss.

* Jennifer Weiner * Sophie Kinsella * Meg Cabot * Jessica Adams * Louise Bagshawe * Emily Barr * Jenny Colgan * Lynda Curnyn * Jill A Davis * Stella Duffy * Lauren Henderson * Lisa Jewell * Marian Keyes * Adele Lang * Chris Manby * Carole Matthews * Anna Maxted * Megan McCafferty * Sarah Mlynowski * Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez * Isabel Wolff

* Edited by Lauren Henderson, Chris Manby and Sarah Mlynowski

Net proceeds to benefit War Child.

My Thoughts: Really enjoyed this collection of short stories from some of the best chick-lit authors on the market. I normally don't like anthologies but found this one to be very entertaining. I'm looking forward to reading the follow-up, GIRL'S NIGHT OUT.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)