Sunday, November 21, 2010

REVIEW: Something Blue by Emily Giffin

Title: Something Blue
Author: Emily Giffin
Publisher: St. Martin’s Griffin
Publication Date: March, 2006
Paperback: 338 pages
Genre: Chick Lit
Rating: 1/10

Description: Darcy Rhone thought she had it all figured out: the more beautiful the girl, the more charmed her life. Never mind substance. Never mind playing by the rules. Never mind karma. But Darcy's neat, perfect world turns upside down when her best friend, Rachel, the plain-Jane good girl, steals her fiancé, while Darcy finds herself completely alone for the first time in her life with a baby on the way.

Darcy tries to recover, fleeing to her childhood friend living in London and resorting to her tried-and-true methods for getting what she wants. But as she attempts to recreate her glamorous life on a new continent, Darcy finds that her rules no longer apply.

It is only then that Darcy can begin her journey toward self-awareness, forgiveness, and motherhood. Something Blue is a novel about one woman’s surprising discoveries about the true meaning of friendship, love, and happily-ever-after. It's a novel for anyone who has ever, even secretly, wondered if the last thing you want is really the one thing you need.

My Thoughts: I got through half of this book and like everyone else can't stand Darcy. After Cruella DeVil, Darcy Rhone ranks #2 in characters I cannot tolerate. I had to stop reading it because I don't want to see her get a happily ever after and especially not with Ethan.

Good job to the author for creating a character that is so despicable that the reader gets lock-jaw from clenching her teeth so hard while reading.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)