Monday, November 11, 2013

REVIEW: Genuine Lies by Nora Roberts

Title: Genuine Lies
Author: Nora Roberts
Publisher: Bantam
Publication Date: August, 1991
Genre: Romantic Suspense

Description: A book to die for...

Eve Benedict is the last of the movie goddesses, a smoky-voiced sex symbol with two Oscars, four ex-husbands, and a legion of lovers to her name. There is no secret, no scandal she doesn't know. Now Eve has decided to write her memoirs--no holds barred. All Hollywood begs her not to. But Eve has her reasons....

Julia Summers is the biographer Eve has handpicked to tell her story. Transported from her quiet life in Connecticut to glitzy Beverly Hills, Julia hates the limelight but loves her work--and the home it built for the ten-year-old son she's raising alone. How can she refuse this chance of a lifetime?

But Eve's elegantly sexy stepson, Paul Winthrop, will challenge Eve's determination to tell her story--and Julia's resolve to guard her heart. And as Julia learns just how far Eve's enemies will go to keep her book from publication, she also discovers that Eve has one last, dark secret to share. It is one that will change Julia's life--and could cut it brutally short.

My Thoughts: Although this story was very predictable without many surprises, I still enjoyed it. I think this story is a good choice for any fan of Nora Roberts or for someone who isn’t familiar with her work.

Julia and Eve were exceptional characters and I liked both of them immediately. It took me a little longer to warm up to Paul, but once I did, I thought he was perfect for Julia and her son.

I really enjoyed the premise of a celebrity movie star deciding to write her memoirs and the secrets she plans to reveal are jaw-dropping and some of the characters would do anything to keep those secrets buried.

My Final Verdict: If you are looking for a good story with interesting characters, romance, suspense and mystery, then I recommend this story to provide the perfect choice.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)