Thursday, November 15, 2018

REVIEW: A Vampire's Christmas Carol by Cynthia Eden

Title: A Vampire’s Christmas Carol
Author: Cynthia Eden
Publisher: Smashwords
Publication Date: November, 2013
Genre: Paranormal Romance / Christmas-Holiday
Buy The Book: Amazon | BN

Description: This holiday season has bite.

Ben Prescott hates Christmas—he’s a vampire, and to him, there’s certainly nothing jolly about the holiday season. While the humans are running around being merry, he’s hunting in the shadows. Ben plans to spend the holidays his way…by stalking deadly prey.

But fate has other plans for Ben.

Three visitors are coming Ben’s way…A demon who will force Ben to face his past, a ghost who will show Ben the present he could have, and a shifter who will reveal the darkness that waits in Ben’s future. Unless Ben can change his ways, he may just turn into a real monster, one who can’t be saved by anyone or anything.

’Tis the season…to be undead.

Ben’s redemption rests in the hands of the one woman he loved and lost—Simone Laurent. If Ben is going to have a chance at being more than just the beast in the darkness, he has to prove himself to the lovely Simone. A very hard task, considering that, once upon a Christmas Eve, Simone died in Ben’s arms…
_________________

Warning: This book features one very tortured vampire, a sexy ghost from his past, and hot scenes designed to melt the winter snow. Plenty of action, adult situations, and steamy times are ahead. Happy holidays!

My Thoughts: This book was my first holiday read for 2018. It’s super short, which can be a good thing or bad thing. Good because a finished book is great and if I can read it faster, then yay! Bad because it’s short and sometimes a reader just needs more, you know, especially when there are vampires, which is one of my weaknesses.

Meet Ben Prescott, vampire and hater of Christmas. What’s there to love when you are undead, not by choice, and the woman of your dreams is dead-dead? No hanging of stockings or sipping of the Christmas cheer for our Ben. Instead, he is out hunting human prey. The evil human variety are his choice of prey and ridding the world of evil people should be a good thing, but unfortunately for Ben, he is on a path of self-destruction which will turn him into a monster incapable of knowing or doing the right thing.

Ben is given the opportunity to choose a different path when he is visited by three paranormal beings that are on a mission to show Ben the light by showing him what awaits him if he stays on his present course.

I love tortured characters and vampires are my favorite. They hold all the trump cards when it comes to self-loathing, pain, misery and torturing themselves. I also love stories about redemption and when a tortured character finds redemption, it is so satisfying.

Ben is a great character. His mortality was taken from him against his will and he lost not only his life, but the love of his life. Can we say he’s a little bitter? Yes, we can. Who wouldn’t be? He shuts himself away from everyone and everything and focuses on hunting people who deserve to be hunted. This lifestyle has accomplished what he intended but now Ben needs a new path before he becomes the evil that he has been hunting.

Ben and Simone’s chemistry is white-hot and I felt so bad for these two that they have had to suffer so much heartbreak and anguish not of their choosing. I really wanted more time with Ben and Simone to learn about their beginning and stick around for the after to see how they grow and build their lives together.

I recommend this book to fans of paranormal romances and fans who enjoy Christmas themes and are looking for something a little different to add to their holiday cheer reading list. Christmas is the season for love and joy and nobody deserves love and joy more than Ben and Simone.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)