Saturday, May 25, 2019

REVIEW: Ghost Shadow by Heather Graham

Title: Ghost Shadow (Bone Island, #1)
Author: Heather Graham
Publisher: Mira
Publication Date: June 2010
Genre: Mystery / Romantic Suspense
Buy The Book: Amazon | BN | Audible

Description: There are those who walk among us who are no longer alive, but not yet crossed over. They seek retribution…vengeance…to warn. Among the living, few intuit their presence.

Katie O'Hara is one who can.

As she’s drawn deeper and deeper into a gruesome years-old murder, whispered warnings from a spectral friend become more and more insistent. But Katie must uncover the truth: could David Beckett really be guilty of his fiancĂ©e’s murder?

Worse – the body count’s rising on the Island of Bones, and the dead seem to be reenacting some macabre tableaux from history. The danger is increasing by the moment – especially as Katie finds herself irresistibly drawn to David, who may be responsible for more than just one killing….

My Thoughts: Not a bad story, overall, though the mystery felt contrived. I liked Katie and David and I'm hoping the rest of the books in this series are better.

What kept me engaged in this book and what will bring me back to this series is Bartholomew, the ghost. I found him to be the most engaging character in the story and the poor man has been dead a few hundred years! He was witty and charming and sometimes hilarious while being pompous and arrogant. I really liked how he has Katie's back, even though from Katie's point of view, it's an annoyance. I'm not quite ready for him to go into the light, but I feel bad for what he endured while he was alive and am rooting for him to get his reward and eternal peace.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)