Saturday, January 14, 2023

REVIEW: Unveiling Grace by Lynn Wilder

Title: Unveiling Grace
Author: Lynn Wilder
Publisher: Zondervan
Publication Date: August 2013
Genre: Nonfiction / Religion
Buy The Book: Amazon | BN | Audible

Description: From a rare insider's point of view, Unveiling Grace looks at how Latter-day Saints are 'wooing our country' with their religion, lifestyle, and culture. It is also a gripping story of how an entire family, deeply enmeshed in Mormonism, found their way out and what they can tell others about their lives as faithful Mormons.

My Thoughts: I had the honor of meeting Lynn and Michael Wilder in 2018 at a conference in Gilbert, AZ where they shared their story about their journey into Mormonism and their journey out thirty years later and into biblical Christianity. This book illustrates how anyone on the face of the Earth can be deceived and misled into a high demand religion and only through the grace of Jesus can they be saved. Lynn, Michael and their family are just like the rest of us, living our lives, trying to be the best people we can be. They were sold a counterfeit Jesus and when their youngest son went on his Mormon mission to Orlando, his eyes were opened to the truth that Jesus is enough.

Lynn’s open and honest depiction of the struggles she and her husband went through trying to reconcile what they were taught in Mormonism against what their son was telling them about Jesus was inspirational and moving. I felt a lot of empathy for what they were feeling and what they were going through.

This book does not persecute, put down or otherwise bash the Mormon people. Instead, it shows love and compassion to those trapped in bondage by the church and offers hope that unconditional love and eternal salvation awaits us all who accept the gift of Jesus’ grace.

My Final Verdict: Having married an ex-Mormon man who found his way out and into relationship with Jesus, the similarities of experiences shared in this book resonated so deeply with me. I recommend this book not just to members of the Mormon church, but also to everyone who seeks knowledge and truth.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)