Monday, April 15, 2024

REVIEW: Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan

Title: Archer’s Voice (Where Love Meets Destiny #1)
Author: Mia Sheridan
Narrator: Kris Koscheski, Emily Durante
Publisher: Forever
Publication Date: August 2022
Genre: Contemporary Romance / Women’s Fiction
Buy The Book: Amazon | BN | Audible

Description: When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.

My Thoughts: I enjoyed this story about a woman who is trying to rebuild her life after her father is murdered and a man who has endured horrific torture at the hands of the people he should have received nothing but unconditional love. Bree and Archer are so damaged but yet manage to find each other and let down their walls so that love can come in.

After losing his parents as a child and nearly dying himself, Archer has spent his years unable to vocalize. He taught himself sign language but the majority of the residents in his hometown go out of their way to avoid him, never mind trying to communicate with him. That is, until Bree Prescott arrives in town. After a chance meeting, she is determined to get to know this quiet man and understand his situation, hoping that it will take her mind off the horror of seeing her father murdered at the hands of a man who almost murdered her.

I chose the audiobook format of this story and enjoyed the narration performed by Kris Koscheski and Emily Durante. They provide the perfect blend of emotion and tension so the reader is given a good understanding of who these characters are. I found it easy to like and relate to Bree and Archer and the supporting characters also add a good dynamic to the story.

Unfortunately, I didn’t love this story. I felt that almost two-thirds of the book was unnecessary filler that didn’t drive the story forward. Additionally, a major event occurs in the last thirty minutes that pulled me completely out of the story and had me so upset that I nearly put the book in the freezer. Fortunately, the story gets wrapped up in a satisfactory conclusion.

My Final Verdict: I think readers all have varying degrees of likes and dislikes when it comes to their choice of book, so even though this book wasn’t a favorite for me, I think it will appeal to some. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy passionate romances with heavy emotional baggage and damaged characters.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)