Sunday, February 24, 2019

REVIEW: Dying For A Date by Cindy Sample

Title: Dying for a Date (Laurel McKay Mysteries #1)
Author: Cindy Sample
Publisher: CreateSpace
Publication Date: September, 2013
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Buy The Book: Amazon | BN | Audible

Description: WOULD DATING BE THE DEATH OF HER?

Unsure if she is looking for Mr. Right, or Mr. Every Other Saturday Night, divorced mother of two, Laurel McKay reluctantly joins THE LOVE CLUB, a popular local dating service. Dressed to kill, she meets bachelor number one at a trendy restaurant. But the date is a bust, literally, when the guy decides Laurel is dessert, and she breaks his nose with her cell phone. It gets even worse when the man is found murdered the next morning, and Laurel has his blood on her clothes.

Despite her now being a person of interest to the police, Laurel bravely ventures out on date number two. When that unlucky bachelor disappears during dinner, Laurel’s only alibi is a bottle of Dom Perignon. The sexy investigating detective thinks she’s innocent and is worried she may be the next target. That’s more than enough motivation for Laurel to find a murderer determined to kill her social life––before dating becomes a dead end she can’t escape.

My Thoughts: Interesting story of single mom who goes on several dates ending with her dates being dead. Obviously, she is the prime suspect so she and a slew of interesting characters commit themselves to finding the real killer.

It was enjoyable and fans of the cozy mystery genre will enjoy it too, however I'm on the fence if I want to continue the series. I liked Laurel, but found her a little annoying at times and thought she put herself in harm's way too often for my liking.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)