Sunday, December 05, 2021

REVIEW: Scrooged by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward

Title: Scrooged
Author: Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward
Publisher: Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward
Publication Date: December 2019
Genre: Christmas Holiday / Contemporary Romance
Buy The Book: Amazon | Audible

Description: Sexy Scrooge
The Last thing I needed was to share an Uber with Scrooge - a cocky lawyer on a snowy Christmas Eve. It was bad enough I was on my way to court for the gift of eviction.

Although maybe today wouldn't turn out so bad after all.

The Sexy Scrooge and I started to connect as we trudged our way through a storm. Our ride was about to end. But would I ever see him again?

The Merry Mistake
Note to self: Ask Santa for glasses this year. When I accidentally mistook a gorgeous man resting outside my building for a homeless person in need of a lunch, we got into it. I'd only been trying to do a good deed around the holidays, but he called me righteous. I called him something far worse. If only I didn't have to see him again. But fate had other plans.

Kissmas In New York
It was just supposed to be a simple kiss with a stranger. I'd done it to prove a point - that I hadn't lost my sense of adventure. But you know what they about the best laid plans. Maybe I'd get something in my stocking after all this holiday season. . .

My Thoughts: When I am looking for a Christmas themed title that offers up a fun story, I know I don’t have to look further than Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward. With Scrooged, the reader gets three short, festive, flirty and fun stories. I noticed that a common thread of mistaken identity was apparent in each story, but I thoroughly enjoyed each one and it’s impossible to pick a favorite.

My Final Verdict: Each story contained likable characters and lots of witty banter and some very funny situations all set in a Christmas backdrop. I highly recommend this story to readers who like their holiday reading to be fun and tickles the funny bone. This is such a short read that the marshmallows in your hot chocolate won’t have had a chance to melt before finishing this book.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)