Wednesday, July 27, 2022

REVIEW: The Witch with No Name by Kim Harrison

Title: The Witch with No Name (The Hollows #13)
Author: Kim Harrison
Publisher: Harper Voyager
Publication Date: September 2014
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Buy The Book: Amazon | BN | Audible

Description: Rachel Morgan's come a long way from the clutzy runner of Dead Witch Walking. She's faced vampires and werewolves, banshees, witches, and soul-eating demons. She's crossed worlds, channeled gods, and accepted her place as a day-walking demon. She's lost friends and lovers and family, and an old enemy has become something much more.

But power demands responsibility, and world-changers must always pay a price. That time is now.

To save Ivy's soul and the rest of the living vampires, to keep the demonic ever after and our own world from destruction, Rachel Morgan will risk everything.

My Thoughts: As this is not the last book in the series, I could have done without the last chapter as there is a huge time jump, but it was amusing to see what Al ends up doing. Of course, that is all subject to change as this is not the last we will see of Rachel, Trent, Jenks, Ivy, Al and yeah, I guess Nina too, though I still haven’t warmed up to her.

I found the story to be satisfactory and enjoyable for the most part. I felt a smidge of empathy for the desperation of the undead to get their souls back, though it will mean certain death as they become suicidal and walk into the sun. For some of the bloodsuckers in this book, I would gladly hold the door open for them to high step it out into the sunshine, but I certainly have to wonder how Ivy would feel about getting her soul back once she is truly one of the undead. She has her hands full with Nina right now so hopefully that won’t be an issue for a very long time.

Rachel definitely has her hands full trying to convince Cormel that getting his soul back is a bad idea and trusting Landon to help him is even worse. Hopefully, we have seen the last of him because I just have no patience for stupid vampires. Otherwise, I am still enjoying the relationship she and Trent are developing and hope it continues.

Jenks and Al remain my favorites and I hope they continue to appear prominently throughout the remaining books.

My Final Verdict: Had the series truly ended with this book, I would have been satisfied with the outcome, though I would have missed these characters. Hopefully the rest of the series continues to delight and entertain us.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)