Thursday, June 13, 2024

REVIEW: Mr. Right-Swipe by Ricki Schultz

Title: Mr. Right-Swipe
Author: Ricki Schultz
Narrator: Therese Plummer
Publisher: Hachette Audio
Publication Date: June 2017
Genre: Chick-Lit / Contemporary Romance
Buy The Book: Amazon | BN | Audible

Description: Rae Wallace would rather drown in a vat of pinot greezh and be eaten by her own beagle than make another trip down the aisle--even if it is her best friend's wedding. She's too busy molding the minds of first graders and polishing that ol' novel in the drawer to waste time on any man, unless it's Jason Segel.

But when her best friends stage an intervention, Rae is forced to give in. After all, they've hatched a plan to help her find love the 21st century way: online. She's skeptical of this electronic chlamydia catcher, but she's out to prove she hasn't been too picky with men.

However, when a familiar fella's profile pops up--the dangerously hot substitute teacher from work (Nick)--Rae swipes herself right into a new problem...

My Thoughts: Romance is serious business, but I sure enjoy the chick-lit and romantic comedy genres and laughter is a great reaction to a good story. I also enjoy the online dating trope. Having used online dating myself (and meeting my wonderful hubby this way), I thoroughly enjoy reading or hearing about other folks and their experiences with it, fictional or not.

This story centers around Rae Wallace, though her two best friends, Valerie and Quinn play major roles in this story. Although they are the primary force pushing Rae online to find a date for Quinn’s wedding, they were probably my least favorite aspect of this story. Yes, Rae has a lot of issues in the romance and relationship department, but I honestly don’t see what’s wrong with a woman attending a wedding stag, even if she is a bridesmaid. I began to wonder if Quinn wanted Rae to have a date, so she wouldn’t be one of the ones vying to catch the bridal bouquet.

What I found most entertaining about this story is the unexpected connection Rae finds with Nick, a substitute teacher at the school Rae teaches. Nick is also online, but their witty banter and flirtation is so much more fun because they know each other in real life.

I really liked Rae and Nick. They seemed like fun and interesting people that you know you will have a good time with, whether you are in a restaurant having dinner with multiple forks next to your plate or at a pub knocking back a pint. I was rooting really hard for these two find their way to one another. This was my first book by this author and I will be looking for more from her.

My Final Verdict: Overall, this is a fun story that I recommend to fans of chick-lit and romantic comedies, but also readers who enjoy sarcastic comments and witty one-liners from their characters.

Thank you to the publisher, Grand Central Publishing, who provided an advance reader copy via NetGalley.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)