Saturday, August 31, 2024

REVIEW: The Romance Library by Olivia Spring

Title: The Romance Library (The Romance Library, #1)
Author: Olivia Spring
Publisher: Hartley Publishing
Publication Date: August 2024
Genre: Chick-Lit
Buy The Book: Amazon | BN

Description: Two rivals. One battle. And an epic love story they didn't see coming.

When a virtual stranger unexpectedly leaves Jess one million pounds to create a romance library in gorgeous small seaside town Sunshine Bay, she can’t believe her luck.

Although Jess has no idea how to run a library and is in a massive reading slump, accepting the challenge means she could stop juggling three jobs and swap her crummy London bedsit for a dreamy life by the sea.

But wealthy, arrogant and handsome Henry Cavill lookalike Theo has other ideas.

The bullish property developer’s father has instructed him to buy the same coveted plot of land and failure isn’t an option. Theo’s future depends on it.

After the landowner insists that Jess and Theo stay in the town’s only B&B whilst they prepare a presentation to decide their fate, sparks fly.

But with so much riding on winning the pitch, these rivals can’t get involved.

Which is a problem, because the more time they spend together, the harder they start to fall...

Order this dual POV, steamy, enemies-to-lovers, small-town romcom now and get lost in a love story that will give you all the feels!

Tropes:
- Enemies-to-lovers
- Small-town romance
- Romance book lovers
- Forced proximity
- Work rivals/competitors
- Opposites attract
- Fish out of water
- Rich vs poor
- Forbidden romance

My Thoughts: It should come as no surprise to anyone who has read an Olivia Spring novel that they are in for a wonderful and exciting adventure with The Romance Library. I adored Jessica and Theo and was rooting for them so hard to not let their competition come between them, as well as their emotional baggage and toxic relationships. How exciting would it be to inherit a million dollars to refurbish a historical building and turn it into a library that caters to the romance genre?

I had a lot of empathy for Jessica feeling overwhelmed as I would feel the same way. I also felt a lot of excitement for the project she is beginning to undertake and wanted to be there so I could help get the library going. The author does a brilliant job of building on the mutual hostility and dislike Jessica and Theo feel, slowly peeling back layers in both characters, revealing their vulnerability and eventually attraction for one another.

The supporting characters of the residents of Sunshine Bay add to the charm of the story. The town sounds so inviting and warm and I enjoyed seeing Theo’s initial discomfort at being forced to reside in this town that has none of the conveniences he is accustomed to in London.

The dual POV is expertly played out and I find I enjoy getting multiple points of view more than just one. This is the first book in the series so returning to Sunshine Bay will be something readers can look forward to. This story made me laugh, annoyed me (Theo’s father is a real piece of work) and got me a little misty eyed.

My Final Verdict: I highly recommend this book to fans of the romance genre. This is great feel-good book and, like me, you will want to head straightaway to Sunshine Bay to visit The Romance Library.

Thank you to the author, Olivia Spring, for the invitation to read and review.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)