Title: Thicker Than Water (DCI Logan Crime Thrillers #2)
Author: JD Kirk
Narrator: Angus King
Publisher: Zertex Crime
Publication Date: June 2019
Genre: Thriller
Buy the Book: Amazon | BN | Audible
Description: Not all monsters are make-believe.
When a badly mutilated body washes up on the shores of Loch Ness, DCI Jack Logan's dream of a quiet life in the Highlands is shattered.
While the media speculates wildly about monster attacks, Jack and the Major Investigations Team must act fast to catch the killer before they can strike again.
But with Nessie-hunters descending on the area in their dozens, and an old enemy rearing his ugly head, the case could well turn out to be the most challenging of Jack's career.
And, if he isn't careful, the last.
Death and dark humor combine in this fast-paced Tartan Noir crime thriller set in the Highlands of Scotland.
My Thoughts: This series continues to deliver everything I enjoy in a crime thriller: intense storylines, compelling characters, sharp banter, and well-timed humor. I am especially enjoying the audiobook format, and I highly recommend experiencing the series that way. Angus King gives a top-notch performance that makes the story even more gripping and entertaining.
Because this is only the second book, I am still getting to know Jack and the members of his team. One detail I appreciate is that the author does not focus solely on Jack. The story gives meaningful time and attention to the rest of the team, allowing their personalities to come through and adding more depth to the investigation.
Readers should be aware that the author does not shy away from the gruesome details of the murder investigation, so it may be worth checking trigger warnings. At the same time, the pacing works very well. The story moves forward steadily without revealing too much too soon or slowing down with unnecessary details.
There are plenty of suspects to consider, and I enjoyed watching Jack and his team work through them methodically. Their careful approach keeps the mystery engaging while making the progression of the case feel satisfying and believable.
My Final Verdict: Thicker Than Water is a gripping, well-paced crime thriller that blends dark humor, sharp characterization, and a compelling investigation. The mystery kept me engaged, the team dynamic added depth, and Angus King’s narration made the audiobook especially enjoyable. I’m looking forward to continuing the series and spending more time with DCI Jack Logan and his team.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- Sherri
- I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)


No comments:
Post a Comment