Thursday, December 15, 2022

REVIEW: The Naughty, The Nice and The Nanny by Willa Nash

Title: The Naughty, The Nice and The Nanny (Holiday Brothers #1)
Author: Willa Nash
Narrator: Vanessa Edwin and Aaron Shedlock
Publisher: Audible Studios
Publication Date: April 2022
Genre: Christmas Holiday / Contemporary Romance / Romantic Comedy
Buy The Book: Amazon | BN | Audible

Description: One week with one little girl—an angel, according to my staffing agency. Acting as the short-term nanny for a single dad should have been an easy way to make some extra cash. Until I show up for my first day and face off with a demon disguised as a seven-year-old girl wearing a red tutu and matching glitter slippers.

Oh, and her father? My temporary boss? Maddox Holiday. The same Maddox Holiday I crushed on in high school. The same Maddox Holiday who didn’t even know I existed. And the same Maddox Holiday who hasn’t set foot in Montana for years because he’s been too busy running his billionaire empire.

Enduring seven days is going to feel like scaling the Himalayas in six-inch heels. Toss in the Holiday family’s annual soiree, and Christmas Eve nightmares really do come true. But I can do anything for a week, especially for this paycheck, even if it means wrangling the naughty, impressing the nice, and playing the nanny.

My Thoughts: Cute story and the first in a trilogy about the Holiday brothers. I really liked Maddox and Natalie and found this story not only heartwarming, but also a lot of fun. Natalie’s initial interactions with her new charge, Violet, were hilarious and I was looking forward to seeing who would win the battle of wills.

Going to work as a nanny for the man you had a major crush on in high school should be awkward as anything and cause you to hightail it out of there, but not only does Natalie stick to her guns and stand her ground, she manages to do what no other nanny could; win Violet over with genuine and sincere care, compassion and affection.

I enjoyed meeting Natalie and the entire Holiday family. There is an openness about this family that draws people in, making them feel welcome and part of the family. Natalie and Maddox are wonderful characters and their chemistry is white-hot in its intensity.

My Final Verdict: I recommend this book and am eagerly looking forward to the next book in this series, Three Bells, Two Bows and One Brother’s Best Friend, featuring the next Holiday brother, Heath. Readers who enjoy fun and frivolity in their Christmas cheer should add this little treat to their festivities. I prefer the audiobook edition with the performances of Vanessa Edwin and Aaron Shedlock bringing Natalie and Maddox to life adds to the charm of the story.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)