Saturday, December 10, 2022

REVIEW: There's Something About Merry by Codi Hall

Title: There’s Something about Merry (Mistletoe Romance #2)
Author: Codi Hall
Narrator: CJ Bloom and Lee Samuels
Publisher: Audible Audio
Publication Date: November 2021
Genre: Christmas Holiday / Contemporary Romance
Buy The Book: Amazon | BN | Audible

Description: Get in the holiday spirit with this sexy rom-com from the author of Nick and Noel's Christmas Playlist.

Merry Winters has the holiday blues. She's spent the last year learning to love herself, and now she's ready to find the right guy. But the pickings are slim in Mistletoe, Idaho, and it’s just her luck that the man who catches her eye is the stoic new foreman at her family’s Christmas tree farm. Too bad he wants to keep a 39-and-a-half-foot pole between them.

Single dad Clark Griffin isn't looking for romance, but he wouldn't mind a friend to snuggle with on a cold winter's night. When he signs up for online dating, he doesn't expect to connect with the sassy, crafty Knottygirl25 and get wrapped up in every message she writes.

But when Merry turns out to be his blind internet date, his surprise causes him to miss his chance under the mistletoe. Can a little Christmas magic give these two a second chance at a first impression?

My Thoughts: Cute story taking me back to Mistletoe, Idaho and the Winters family. This time, the fun centers around Merry Winters as she comes to terms with figuring out who she is and what she wants out of life. There aren’t a lot of options in this small town when it comes to finding the one, so Merry decides to try her luck online. Little does she know, but the man who has captured her attention on the dating website is the newly hired foreman at her family’s Christmas tree farm, Clark.

In real life, Clark keeps Merry at arm’s length. He would like to meet someone but as a single dad, he needs to keep his son’s well-being his top priority. He decides online dating would be fun with not a lot of drama. I really enjoyed the rapport they shared and seeing their chemistry build, hoping it would continue once they meet in real life.

This story is narrated by CJ Bloom and Lee Samuels and the performances were wonderful, with the right amount of emotion and humor blended in.

The characters are very likable and easy to relate to and the story flowed smoothly and with so much warmth that I felt like I knew these people, or very much wanted to, at least.

My Final Verdict: I enjoyed reconnecting with the Winters family and catching up with the characters I met in the first book. As this is a sequel, I recommend reading the series in order to get a better understanding of the characters and the events that have transpired previously.

Fans of Christmas themes and fun romances will enjoy this offering. I look forward to the next story and seeing the Winters family again.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)