Thursday, December 22, 2022

REVIEW: Three Bells, Two Bows and One Brother's Best Friend by Willa Nash

Title: Three Bells, Two Bows and One Brother’s Best Friend (Holiday Brothers #2)
Author: Willa Nash
Narrator: Ava Lucas and Aiden Snow
Publisher: Audible Studios
Publication Date: April 2022
Genre: Christmas Holiday / Contemporary Romance / Romantic Comedy
Buy The Book: Amazon | BN | Audible

Description: I pride myself in being grounded. Sure, I’ve had my share of childhood fantasies. Winning an Oscar. Winning the lottery. Winning an Olympic medal for an athletic talent I have yet to discover. But the only fantasy I ever thought might actually happen was winning my brother’s best friend.

Heath Holiday.

My crush on him has ebbed and flowed over the years, but the day I started working for his construction company was the day I smothered it for good. Sort of. Mostly. It was on my to-do list. Making it a priority would have been easier had he not arrived at his family’s annual Christmas party looking ridiculously handsome in a suit.

Then he kissed me. We stepped into an alternate universe and he kissed me. I assumed the next day I’d just be Guy’s little sister again. The office newbie. Our kiss forgotten. Except he keeps showing up at my house. With gifts.

A gold bracelet carrying three jingling bells. Two dainty jeweled earrings, each shaped as a bow. And finally, he brought himself.

One brother’s best friend, asking if I can keep a secret.

My Thoughts: Another cute installment to Willa Nash’s Holiday Brothers series, starring Heath Holiday and his best friend Guy’s little sister, Stella.

Stella has had a crush on Heath for as long as she can remember and now that she’s working for the family, she realizes that she needs to keep it under wraps. She wants to prove herself on her own merits and any hint of favoritism or preferential treatment by anyone in the Holiday family, merited or not, is something Stella would rather avoid.

Of course, all her good intentions went right out the window at the annual Christmas party. Stella’s crush is reciprocated and Heath wants to keep their relationship a secret as well…from his family and from Stella’s brother.

I really liked Heath and Stella. I thought they were perfectly adorable and perfect for each other. I loved that they have known one another their whole lives and have secretly pined for each other all this time.

Nash does a fantastic job of creating characters the reader adores, combining the magic of the Christmas season with white-hot chemistry, passion and laughter. Along with Heath and Stella, I too dreaded telling Guy about their relationship. I worried that it would not go well and the fallout would have long lasting repercussions, but I have to hand it to the author for making the story realistic and relevant, while hitting me right in the feels.

The audiobook was narrated by Ava Lucas and Aiden Snow and they did an amazing job bringing Heath and Stella to life. I loved that Audible used different voice actors in this book. The different voices really lends more credibility to the reader that this story is about different people, so the reader should expect to hear different narrators.

My Final Verdict: If you read the first book in the series, you will already know these books overlap timelines, so I highly recommend they be read in order to avoid any confusion. Don’t ask me to pick a favorite because I can’t. The characters are all so uniquely written and expertly brought to life by the narrators, it is impossible to choose.

At just over 4 hours listening time, this story is a wonderful choice for someone looking for a short story to entertain them. I recommend this to readers who, like me, enjoy fun at Christmas time and a little hanky panky under the mistletoe wouldn’t be unheard of.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)