Wednesday, September 18, 2024

REVIEW: Rosie's Little Cafe on the Riviera by Jennifer Bohnet

Title: Rosie’s Little Café on the Riviera
Author: Jennifer Bohnet
Publisher: Harper Collins UK / HQ Digital
Publication Date: March 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Buy The Book: Amazon | BN

Description: A summer of taking chances!

Rosie Hewitt’s dream of opening a little French café on the Riviera is finally coming true. She’s giving up on love and instead chasing her own perfect recipe for happiness…

Only, she never expected the oh-so-sexy, award-winning chef, Sebastian Groc, to set up a rival restaurant next door – or for his freshly-baked croissants to smell quite so delicious.

But with just a few days until she opens her doors and all her sugar-coated dreams crumbling around her, Rosie isn’t prepared to give up without a fight!

My Thoughts: When I started reading this story, it felt like it was part of a series as the main character has already begun her adventure of opening her café on the Riviera. It appears this is a stand-alone novel. I also thought this story was going to be an enemies to lovers trope with Rosie facing some heavy-duty competition from Sebastian, but that was never the case. I definitely felt that the back cover blurb was misleading, but thankfully it did not take away from the story.

I liked watching the friendship between Rosie and Sebastian begin to blossom into something more. I was surprised to discover that there were no bedroom scenes between these pages. It was kind of refreshing to see a couple discover their feelings for one another over time instead of jumping into bed. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy spice in my stories, but something sweet once in a while is a nice change.

The supporting characters and their backstories add to the charm of this book and I would be highly negligent if I don’t mention the best character of all, the locale of this story, the French Riviera. The author does a fantastic job of illustrating this region so beautifully, the reader can easily transport themselves there and find themselves sitting at Rosie’s café enjoying an iced coffee while people watching.

This story was a fun read. The characters were easy to relate to and the plot flowed seamlessly. There were some moments in the story that got me misty eyed as well as laughing out loud. This was my first book by this author and I look forward to discovering more of her work.

My Final Verdict: Readers who enjoy stories with interesting characters and situations that make you laugh and cry will enjoy this book. I recommend this story to fans of contemporary romance. Take this book to your nearest café and enjoy an iced coffee and croissant while reading, be it on the Riviera or somewhere closer to your neighborhood.

Thank you to the publisher, Harper Collins UK / HQ Digital, who provided an advance reader copy via NetGalley.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)