Thursday, January 03, 2008

December Reading Review

Only got through 2 books in December. Very pathetic...I hope 2008 will bring more reading time for me...


Obsession by Karen Robards

Rating: 7 *'s
My Thoughts: Had to work a little bit to stay with the story initially due to a lot of various plots but when the story starts to come together, I found I had to find out what was going to happen. Several surprises and one really big one at the end that made sticking with the story worth it for me.





The Turning by Jennifer Armintrout

Rating: 8 *'s

My Thoughts: I was really surprised how much I enjoyed this book. I liked the characters and thought Carrie handled her transformation as one would expect. The mystery and intrigue surrounding Nathan's character was very interesting and the history between him and Cyrus was a good sub-plot. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.





Now Reading:


Bitter Is The New Black: Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass,Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office by Jen Lancaster

Jen Lancaster was living the sweet life-until real life kicked her to the curb.
She had the perfect man, the perfect job-hell, she had the perfect life-and there was no reason to think it wouldn't last. Or maybe there was, but Jen Lancaster was too busy being manicured, pedicured, highlighted, and generally adored to notice.
This is the smart-mouthed, soul-searching story of a woman trying to figure out what happens next when she's gone from six figures to unemployment checks and she stops to reconsider some of the less-than-rosy attitudes and values she thought she'd never have to answer for when times were good.


Don't Look Down by Jennifer Crusie

SHE is a director of dog food commercials who’s just been recruited to finish a four-day movie shoot. But as soon as Lucy Armstrong arrives on set, she discovers that the staff is in chaos, the make-up artist is suicidal, and the stunt director just happens to be her ex-husband. That, and the temperamental lead actor has just acquired as an advisor a Green Beret who has the aggravating habit of always being right.

HE thought that hiring on as a military consultant for a movie star was a to-die-for deal: easy work, easy money, easier starlets. But his first day on the job, Captain J.T. Wilder ends up babysitting a bumbling comedian, dodging low-flying helicopters, and trying to find out who’s taking “shooting a movie” much too literally.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)