Saturday, May 03, 2008

April Reading Review

Reading totals seem to have stabilized at 4 for the month. Definitely acquiring them at a faster rate than I'm reading...


Devil May Cry by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Rating: 10 *'s

My Thoughts: OMG! This was such a fantastic story! Vane is still my favorite Dark-Hunter but Sin is up there near the top of my favorites. I also enjoyed seeing more of Ash and I cannot wait for his story. I enjoyed the pairing up of Kat and Sin and thought they made a perfect match. Look forward to getting to know Cypher as well, as you know there's a story there with that one! Plenty of surprises in this book that are sure to entertain every Dark Hunter fan. I'm a little behind in the Dream Hunter series so I will need to go dig up the next one out of the cedar chest as this book has certainly awakened the appetite for more!


The Pregnancy Test by Erin McCarthy

Rating: 7 *'s

My Thoughts: Not a bad story though a little predictable. Some loose ends lingered at the end of the book and it felt a little rushed but overall I enjoyed it. I liked the strength of Mandy's character and the soft center underneath Damien's rough and tough exterior.



Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke

Rating: 4 *'s

My Thoughts: I started this one after hearing so many recommendations. Unfortunately, this book falls flat for me with all of the sidebar plotting involving Hannah's interpersonal relationships with her mom and potential boyfriends. None of this extraneous stuff was integral to the storyline and after a while I began to feel very annoyed. I found it difficult to suspend disbelief towards many of Hannah's actions and many of the interactions with the supporting characters. I'm hoping this is due to it being the first book in the series and the characters are not yet fully developed.





Wolves In Chic Clothing by Carrie Karasyov & Jill Kargman

Rating: 6 *'s

My Thoughts: This book was a fast read with several amusing bits but for the most part, very predictable. It is sad and pathetic just how shallow some people can be. The only one in Lell's band of bitches I could tolerate at all was Hope. She at least displayed compassion though I wished she would stand up to Polly and Lell and tell them where to go. I thought Julia's roomie Douglas was a hoot. Not a lot of substance to this story but if you are looking for mind numbing fluff with some laughs, this should fit the bill.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)