Monday, June 02, 2008

May Reading Review

Not a bad month overall. Some really good ones and some that didn't make the grade...


A Total Waste Of Makeup by Kim Gruenenfelder

My Rating: 10 *'s

My Thoughts: I absolutely loved this book! Great story and interesting characters kept me entertained throughout the entire book. Charlie's family had the perfect blend of normal and nutty that is probably inherent in most families. I really enjoyed the co-ed bachelorette / bachelor party scenes.






Chill Factor by Sandra Brown

My Rating: 4 *'s

My Thoughts: Not holding my interest. There are too many sub-plots that take the story all over the place with so many different characters that I cannot keep straight.








Strawberry Shortcake Murder by Joanne Fluke

My Rating: 7 *'s

My Thoughts: Enjoyed this one more than the first one. The story was a little lame but it kept me guessing almost to the end. Though Hannah doesn't always use the best judgment and ends up getting herself in more trouble, she manages to come through it intact. Not sure who I would like to see her with more...Mike or Norman but I like both of them.






The Ghost And Mrs. McClure by Alice Kimberly

My Rating: 9 *'s

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading the next book in the series. The character of Jack was very entertaining though I didn't understand some of his vocabulary (did they really talk like that then?). Penelope and her aunt Sadie were likable characters too, though Jack monopolizes the majority of the story. It will be intersting to see how Penelope and Jack solve his own murder.







The Make-Up Girl by Andrea Semple

My Rating: 4 *'s

My Thoughts: I had a hard time empathizing with Faith because of all of the lying. Initially, I could understand why she did it but the longer it went on and the more people it involved, it began to bother me.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)