Tuesday, February 14, 2012

REVIEW: Seattle Girl by Lucy Kevin

Title: Seattle Girl (A young adult romance about love, sex...and my really big mouth)
Author: Lucy Kevin
Publisher: Lucy Kevin
Publication Date: January, 2011
Genre: Chick-Lit
Rating: 8/10

Description: The first time Georgia Fulton gets behind a microphone at her college radio station (because of a guy, of course...), she's hooked. (Who would have thought she'd ever find a potential job where a boss would appreciate her big mouth?) But being a smart-mouth doesn't necessarily keep her from getting hurt by one (smoking hot) jerk after another.

With help from her friends - and loyal listeners - will Georgia finally figure out the real deal about guys, sex, love...and maybe even herself?

My Thoughts: At first glance, Georgia Fulton is your typical college student. Nothing about her really stands out. One night at a frat party, she meets a guy named Bill after he spills his beer all over her. They begin talking and he invites her to join him on his talk radio show. Now Georgia feels like she has a purpose, a sense of direction for her life. However, this book isn’t about her struggle to succeed in the talk radio industry though the story centers around it. It is more about Georgia’s experiences with trying to find true love (like the rest of us) and the losers she encounters along the way.

I enjoyed observing Georgia’s attempts to find the one and there are many. What I enjoyed the most about this book is how she took her experiences and used them on her radio show, Seattle Girl. I also enjoyed Georgia’s direct snarky sarcasm and humor. Some of the disasters of relationships she experiences can cause most of us to give up and stay single, but Georgia doesn’t let it stop her.

My only problem with this book was the editing errors. Entire words were missing from sentences and though it didn’t ruin the story for me, it pulled me out of the story enough to try to decipher what word is missing. Next to reading an awful story, being interrupted from a story I am enjoying for a lame reason is highly annoying.

Overall, this story is quite good, filled with characters you can easily relate to and care for. I recommend this story if you are looking for something a little bit different, a romance that isn’t filled with face burning graphic sex scenes and a fairly strong character who knows what she wants and isn’t willing to settle until she finds it.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)