Wednesday, April 18, 2012

REVIEW: Millie's Fling by Jill Mansell

Title: Millie’s Fling
Author: Jill Mansell
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Publication Date: September, 2009
Genre: Chick-Lit
Rating: 8/10

Description: He's the best thing that ever happened to her. He's also the worst. He's Millie's Fling. Bestselling novelist Orla Hart owes her life to her friend Millie Brady, whose rotten boyfriend has just left her. So Orla invites Millie to Cornwall, where Millie looks forward to a summer without any dating whatsoever. But Orla envisions Millie as the heroine of her next novel and decides to find Millie the man of her dreams. Except the two women have drastically different ideas about what kind of guy that should be.

 With Orla and Millie working at cross-purposes, and a dashing but bewildered hero stuck in the middle, the summer will turn out to be unforgettable for all concerned...

My Thoughts: Millie’s Fling by new to me author Jill Mansell delivers a fresh, funny and enjoyable story about a very likeable girl looking for love and finding it in the most unexpected way. This story is set in England, which pleases the anglophile in me. When an author writes a great lead character that the reader can relate to and empathize with, it forms a bond with the story. When an author writes great supporting characters, it enhances the story all the more with flavor and detail and takes the reader on a journey that they don’t want to come back from. I felt that way while reading Millie’s Fling. I didn’t want it to end and was cheering for a happy ending for Hester, Orla, Lucas, Con and Millie’s parents.

The only thing that didn’t work for me is the book ended a little too abruptly for me with many loose ends for a lot of the characters. After connecting with so many of them throughout the story, not having the closure on them at the end left me with a feeling of unfinished business.

I will be looking for more of Jill Mansell’s books to add to my Nook. As a long time fan of the chick-lit genre, I wish I had found her sooner. If you are looking for some light reading that tickles your funny bone while entertaining you, look no further and pick up Millie’s Fling.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)