Friday, August 01, 2014

REVIEW: Taken In Death by J.D. Robb

Title: Taken In Death (In Death #37.5)
Author: J.D. Robb
Publisher: Jove
Publication Date: September, 2013
Genre: Romantic Suspense / Mystery / Thriller

Description: Two young children disappear from their East Side home in New York City, their nanny killed in cold blood. As Lieutenant Eve Dallas begins to unravel the crime scene and search for the children, she's drawn into the twisted mind of a kidnapper who will stop at nothing to take revenge.

My Thoughts: Taken In Death originally appeared in the Mirror, Mirror anthology but I only read Taken In Death. I enjoy this series so much that I’m trying to grab every title I can and it doesn’t matter to me if the story is full length or a short story. Eve and her posse are bad ass, no matter the word count. This story may be a short and fast read, but it sure packed a huge punch. Eve is called in to investigate the brutal murder of a nanny and the disappearance of the two children she takes care of. Video surveillance gives Eve her suspect right away, but she quickly learns that the truth isn’t always obvious. This book has a Hansel and Gretel tone as the two children refer to their kidnapper as an evil witch and she lives up to the label by force feeding them sweets. As the killer’s background is revealed, I found her more disturbing and frightening and feeling a great volume of anxiety as to when Eve would locate the children and if it would be in time.

My Final Verdict: Overall, I found this one to carry a big bang, though it’s small in size. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for Eve to put it all together and bring the psychopath to justice, though I was secretly hoping that she would give Eve a reason to kill her. As usual, Eve and her gang are in top form for this case, which isn’t a surprise, but always a thrill to witness. I highly recommend this book as a wonderful addition to the series. If you are a fan of the series, don’t limit yourself to just the full length stories. You will miss out on a true gem if you pass this one by.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)