Wednesday, September 23, 2015

REVIEW: Mommy Tracked by Whitney Gaskell

Title: Mommy Tracked
Author: Whitney Gaskell
Publisher: Bantam
Publication Date: August, 2007
Genre: Chick Lit
Buy The Book: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Description: For Anna, Grace, Juliet, and Chloe, the idyllic town of Orange Cove, Florida, is home…but even in paradise, balancing the challenges of motherhood and life is never easy.

With a son in the throes of the Terrible Twos, divorced restaurant critic Anna has too much on her plate to reenter the frightening world of dating—no matter how expertly her new admirer wines and dines her….Grace has three beautiful daughters and the perfect husband, yet she’s increasingly obsessed with one nagging flaw: her excess baby weight…. Ambitious Juliet is desperate to make partner at her law firm. Fortunately, her husband stays home with their twins. But at the office, Juliet is finding more than work to occupy her time....When newest mom Chloe gives birth, her husband seems indifferent to parenting their son. Chloe is so overwhelmed that she finds herself slipping into a nasty habit she thought she’d overcome.…

My Thoughts: Interesting story of the ups and downs of motherhood, relationships and life. Each character is unique and individual but complement one another quite well. I liked all of them and thought they could easily be women you would want to be friends with. The author does such an excellent job of illuminating their situations, triumphs and challenges that made their personalities come alive and made it easy for me to empathize with each of them. I do have to say that there was a brief moment when I thought I would give up on this book because of the direction Juliet was headed, but her actions ultimately made my earlier doubts about her vanish. The pace of the story was a little slow for me in the beginning, but started to pick up half-way into the story. Though the pace dragged for me some, my interest and curiosity about the characters remained intact.

My Final Verdict: Overall, this is a good story that will appeal to fans of the romance and chick-lit genres who enjoy stories that focus on interpersonal relationships, both the good and the bad. Readers who like stories about the challenges of real-life and overcoming adversity will enjoy this story. Raising children is hard work and this story is a reminder how important it is for a mother to have a good support network around her.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)