Friday, October 16, 2015

REVIEW: Shoe Addicts Anonymous by Beth Harbison

Title: Shoe Addicts Anonymous
Author: Beth Harbison
Publisher: St. Martins Press
Publication Date: June, 2007
Genre: Chick-Lit
Buy The Book: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Audible

Description: Helene Zaharis’s politician husband keeps her on a tight leash and cancels her credit cards as a way of controlling her. Lorna Rafferty is up to her eyeballs in debt and can't stop her addiction to Ebay. Sandra Vanderslice, battling agoraphobia, pays her shoe bills by working as a phone sex operator. And Jocelyn Bowen is a nanny for the family from hell (who barely knows a sole from a heel but who will do anything to get out of the house). On Tuesday nights, these women meet to trade shoes, and, in the process, form friendships that will help them each triumph over their problems—from secret pasts to blackmail, bankruptcy, and dating. Funny, emotional, and powerful, Shoe Addicts Anonymous is the perfect read for any woman who has ever struggled to find the perfect fit.

My Thoughts: Cute story about shoe addiction that brings four women together once a week to trade designer shoes. These women are from completely different walks of life, but along the way, they become friends as they deal with their shoe addictions, personal problems and living their lives. The author does a wonderful job of introducing each character, spending enough time with each one to give the reader an opportunity to bond and empathize with them. Fans of chick-lit and romance novels will enjoy the quirky humor each character brings to the story.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)