Saturday, November 21, 2015

REVIEW: NYPD Red by James Patterson

Title: NYPD Red (NYPD Red #1)
Author: James Patterson
Publisher: Little, Brown And Company
Publication Date: October, 2012
Genre: Thriller
Buy The Book: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Audible

Description: It's the start of Hollywood on Hudson, and New York City is swept up in the glamour. Every night, the red carpet rolls out for movie stars arriving at premieres in limos; the most exclusive restaurants close for private parties for wealthy producers and preeminent directors; and thousands of fans gather with the paparazzi, hoping to catch a glimpse of the most famous and beautiful faces in the world. With this many celebrities in town, special task force NYPD Red is on high alert-and they can't afford to make a single mistake.

Then a world-renowned producer fatally collapses at his power breakfast, and top NYPD Red Detective Zach Jordan is the first one on the scene. Zach works with his beautiful new partner, Detective Kylie MacDonald-who also happens to be his ex-girlfriend-to discover who the murderer might be. But this is only the beginning: the most brutal, public, and horrifyingly spectacular crimes they've ever encountered are about to send all of New York into chaos, putting NYPD Red on the ropes.

Zach and Kylie know there's no way of telling what a killer this deranged will do next. With the whole world watching, they have to find a way to stop a psychopath who has scripted his finale down to the last explosive detail.

My Thoughts: NYPD Red is a new to me series by one of my favorite authors for thrillers and suspense stories. A special task force of the New York Police Department, NYPD Red takes on high profiles cases fraught with danger, suspense and intrigue. Someone has it in for the Hollywood movers and shakers and isn’t afraid to take them out in the most brutal and public of ways. The story centers around Zach Jordan and Kylie MacDonald, former lovers and lead detectives assigned to this task force who work tirelessly to bring the murderer to justice before he kills anyone else. The killer is a master of disguise and calls himself “The Chameleon.” He is able to blend in with those around him, which he is counting on as he plots out each murder to be the ultimate performance.

I really liked Zach and Kylie. They work well together and their previous relationship does not seem to have any negative baggage hovering over them. Though Zach obviously still has feelings for Kylie and even though she has moved on, they get along well. This comes in handy when the killer targets her husband. This story delivers on intensity as Zach and Kylie try to figure out his identity and stay one step ahead of him. There are several nail-biting moments in this story that had me thinking the killer was going to get the best of them. I will be looking for the next book in the series to see what Zach and Kylie face next. If you are a fan of James Patterson or enjoy stories that keep you on the edge of your seat as each intense scene unfolds, I recommend you give this series a try.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)