Sunday, January 17, 2016

REVIEW: Santa Takes A Wife by Betsy J. Bennett

Title: Santa Takes A Wife
Author: Betsy J. Bennett
Publisher: Tirgearr Publishing
Publication Date: November, 2013
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Buy The Book: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Description: He was Santa Claus...wasn't he?

Nicholas St. Noel knew what to do to make children happy and he knew where every gift in his over-packed sleigh had to go until one Christmas when there was a gift he could not deliver.

It was time to choose a wife.

Beth Anderson believes in Christmas and in Santa Claus. She'd been relentlessly teased her whole life since she caught the real Santa as a child. But was she willing to give up her family and move to the North Pole and live with a thousand miserable elves?

My Thoughts: Very cute story depicting the human side of Santa Claus as he embarks on a mission to find his true love and convince her to become his wife. I absolutely loved Nicholas and Beth. Their chemistry is vibrant and so enjoyable to witness. I liked that they knew each other as children and now have an opportunity as adults to become more than childhood friends. I also loved Beth’s grandmother. She brings a special charm and spirit to this story and I enjoyed her wisdom and acceptance of Nicholas without requiring proof of his true identity. This story made me smile and there were a few tearful moments, but these were so beautifully written that they added to the story instead of pulling me out of it.

My Final Verdict: I highly recommend this story as an addition to any Christmas reading list, but honestly, why wait? Christmas shouldn’t be celebrated only on the last week of December, but should be commemorated in our hearts all year long.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)