Monday, December 12, 2016

REVIEW: The Christmas Bake-Off by Abby Clements

Title: The Christmas Bake-Off
Author: Abby Clements
Publisher: Quercus
Publication Date: November, 2012
Genre: Chick-Lit
Buy The Book: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Description: With Christmas just around the corner, the residents of Skipley village are gearing up for the annual bake off, and tensions are high.

Winning means a lot to everyone involved - talented cake-shop owner Katie dreams of baking stardom, Rachel wants to prove she's more than a stay-at-home mum, and John hopes his culinary skills will impress the woman he loves.

But when the judges discover that some cakes have been tampered with, the villagers' loyalties are called into question - whose ambition would stretch to sabotage, and why?

The Christmas Bake-Off is an exclusive short story from Abby Clements, author of Meet Me Under the Mistletoe.

My Thoughts: Very short, very fast Christmas story about the annual Christmas bake-off in Skipley village. The story was too short to feel a real connection to any of the characters and just when things started to get interesting with the revelation of the tampering, the story was over. If you are looking for something short and fast that can be read in one sitting, this would be a good choice for the holiday reading pile. If you prefer your stories to have more substance, depth and a connection to the characters, you may want to look for something else.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)