Tuesday, December 08, 2020

REVIEW: It's A Wonderful Wife by Camille Pagan

Title: It’s a Wonderful Wife
Author: Camille Pagan
Publisher: Audible Originals
Publication Date: December 2020
Genre: Christmas / Romantic Comedy
Buy The Book: Audible

Description: In this charming and heartwarming retelling of Frank Capra’s classic It’s a Wonderful Life, Camille Pagán, best-selling author of This Won’t End Well and I’m Fine and Neither Are You, introduces us to Bailey, a dutiful yet sharp-witted 30-something who finds herself on the verge of a nervous breakdown as Christmas Eve approaches. As if it wasn’t enough that Bailey’s husband has just cheated on her, the family business she’s been running since her parents died, which employs most of her small town, is about to go under. But even as she’s questioning whether her life has any meaning, Bailey bumps into a handsome stranger who claims to know her - and through a series of strange events, sheds new light on what it means to make a difference in this messy, wonderful world.

My Thoughts: Story was OK, a modern spin on It's A Wonderful Life, but very somber for a Christmas setting. Woman's company is in dire financial trouble and she needs her estranged husband to loan her the money to make payroll because how can you shut down your company, putting hundreds of people out of work at Christmas? She begins to wonder if everything would have been better had she never been born. Everything works out in the end, but I could have used more Christmas whimsy in this story.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)