Friday, August 05, 2022

REVIEW: Six Dates by Jennifer Joyce

Title: Six Dates
Author: Jennifer Joyce
Publisher: Jennifer Joyce
Publication Date: November 2018
Genre: Chick-Lit

Description: Natalie attends a speed-dating event where hopefully the dates are as delicious as the desserts.

My Thoughts: A super short story featuring Natalie attending her first speed-dating event where with the ring of the bell, she meets a new man and gets to sample a new dessert. This is my first time reading this author and I found her writing to be fun and witty. I liked Natalie and felt loads of empathy for her as she has to meet and get to know five different men in 15-minute rounds. I loved the idea of each round bringing a different dessert but 15 minutes is not nearly enough time to ascertain if the person sitting in front of you is compatible.

As is the case in real life, dating is a gamble and you don’t know what you’re going to end up with at first glance. Each of the five men Natalie meets are different and some were just awful, but thankfully Natalie does meet a winner.

My Final Verdict: Cute story with recipes for each of the desserts featured. If you are going to subject yourself to speed dating, hopefully the desserts make it all the more sweeter. I look forward to reading more from this author.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)