Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The Key Of Knowledge by Nora Roberts

This is the second book in the "key" trilogy and I've really enjoyed this series so far.

Book Description: Following hot on the heels of the first installment in Roberts's Key trilogy, this second book (following Key of Light) continues the story of three contemporary female friends chosen to free the souls of ancient demigoddesses called the Daughters of Glass. This time, the heroine is Dana Steele, a librarian who is sure that the key she's seeking lies in a book. As she begins her search, Dana renovates Indulgence, the gallery-cum-salon-cum-bookstore she is opening with her friends Malory Price and Zoe McCourt. She also spends sometimes passionate, sometimes vexing time with Jordan Hawke, the thriller writer who broke her heart years earlier when he abandoned her and their small Pennsylvania town of Pleasant Valley to seek fame in New York. Dana slowly realizes that the love they once felt for each other has not died-and that Jordan's writing is inextricably entwined with her supernatural quest. In the end, Jordan must join with Dana to fight the spells of the sorcerer Kane and fulfill the terms of her quest.

Rating: 8/10 - Very enjoyable. I loved the interaction between all of the characters, including Moe. I can't decide which couple I like the best. I definitely felt a kinship with Dana, since she is the booklover of the trio and Jordan is an author. Nora Roberts weaves a wonderful tale of romance, passion and magic around the reader in such a way that you feel like you are part of the story; experiencing and seeing everything the characters do. Kane was definitely more menacing and evil in this book, which tells me he will be even more sinister in the next book

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)