Thursday, September 06, 2007

August Reading Review

A fantastic reading month!

Nearlyweds by Beth Kendrick

Rating: 10 *'s

My Thoughts: Fantastic story! I enjoyed the different points of view from each of the major characters and I especially loved Cash. Stories featuring animals always appeal to me.I will be looking for more books by this author.

The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale Of Christmas Terror by Christopher Moore

Rating: 9 *'s

My Thoughts: This story was a riot! I enjoyed revisiting old characters from different stories. My favorite scenes were with Skinner the dog. I love the author's ability to give the reader insight to what a dog is thinking in his inner monologue.

Diary Of A Mad Bride by Laura Wolf

Rating: 10 *'s

My Thoughts: What a fantastic story! And it couldn't have come at a better time because I needed the laughter this book brought out. My only regret is that the story ended and that I waited so long to get around to picking this up off the shelf. I will be looking for more by this author and hopefully Amy and Stephen will be back in future books. The diary format made it a very quick read.

The Manolo Matrix by Julie Kenner

Rating: 10 *'s

My Thoughts: I couldn't put this book down! Very fast read; I loved the fast pace of the story; every page made me want to keep turning the pages to find out what is going to happen next. I hate to see the series end but I'm so curious to see who is behind the game.

Lethally Blond by Kate White

Rating: 7 *'s

My Thoughts: Interesting story providing numerous potential suspects in the character lineup. This time around, Bailey has two love interests to choose from as well. I am enjoying this series and like to see Bailey mixing it up a little, less playing by the rules.

Dime Store Magic by Kelley Armstrong

Rating: 9 *'s

My Thoughts: Excellent story! Enjoyed getting reacquainted with Paige and Savannah again. Looking forward to the next book, INDUSTRIAL MAGIC. Hoping Elena will appear in future books.

Bright Lights, Big Ass: A Self-Indulgent, Surly Ex-Sorority Girl's Guide To Why It Often Sucks In The City or Who Are These Idiots And Why Do They All Live Next Door To Me? by Jen Lancaster

Rating: 10 *'s

My Thoughts: This book was a last minute addition to the tote bag for my trip to Scotland. I'm always afraid I will get stuck on an extremely long plane ride (and going to Scotland definitely counts as LONG) with crappy books. This book completely took that fear away. Let's just say that I nearly missed boarding my connecting flight in Newark, NJ because I was so engrossed in this book. I couldn't put it down. I loved the author's sarcastic wit and humor throughout the whole book.
I've never read this author before and I am so glad I found this one and will be hunting for all of her books.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)