Sunday, October 14, 2007

September Reading Review

Scot On The Rocks by Brenda Janowitz

Rating: 9 *'s

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this story and laughed out loud at several parts, especially the "Scottish dancing" at the wedding. Absolutely loved the author's references to Perth. I look forward to more from this author.






All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris

Rating: 9 *'s

My Thoughts: I really enjoy this series. I can't help but wonder when Sookie's luck will run out and her association with vampires will cause her permanent damage.I look forward to the next book to see what has become of Quinn, Eric, Pam, Bill and Sam.





Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

Rating: 10 *'s

My Thoughts: Well, I must say I was both dreading and anticipating the arrival of this book. After so much speculation on which characters were going to die, I have to say the book ended as it should, though the passing of several beloved characters is never easy, but then as in life, losing the ones you love never is.

Many surprising twists revealed though not completely unexpected. I can say with complete certainty that The Deathly Hallows brings full closure to Harry Potter and his journey.


Behaving Like Adults by Anna Maxted

Rating: 8 *'s

My Thoughts: Definitely not your typical chick-lit that I usually am drawn to. Though there are several witty and entertaining characters, the core of the story deals with the serious issue of date rape and the aftermath.

The author does an excellent job of drawing you into Holly's life as she tries to cope with her experience while trying to maintain a sense of normalcy in her life. Though she stumbles along the way, she proves to herself that she is a survivor.

Several sub-plots involving Holly's sisters, parents and friends that I found intriguing as well.


Step On A Crack by James Patterson

Rating: 9 *'s

My Thoughts: Another suspenseful and action packed story. I really enjoyed meeting Michael Bennett and his entire family. Hope there will be stories in the future featuring this character.

The conclusion came as a suprise which I think is what makes Patterson such a good author. The ability to continually surprise me and entertain me at the same time with a riveting storyline is what keeps me coming back for more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard so much negative talk about "Step On A Crack" by James Patterson. Hmmm...you have me rethinking the book!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)