Tuesday, December 02, 2008

November Reading Review

Some decent reads this month


The Pact by Jennifer Sturman

My Rating: 8 *'s

My Thoughts: Not a riveting start to the series but I enjoyed it and am looking forward to more. I enjoyed that the reader is left with hope of a future for Rachel and Peter. I'm curious to see how it will play out.




Portrait In Death by J.D. Robb

My Rating: 10 *'s

My Thoughts: I feel like I'm beginning to sound like a broken record with this series, but I can't help it. Another great installment of Eve and Roark. I loved the side story of Roark meeting his mother's family and Somerset's injury and vacation plans. As with the other stories, I was again way off base with the identity of the killer...


Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich

My Rating: 10 *'s

My Thoughts: The story was complete fluff but had a lot more Ranger in it this time around and that's just fine with me. Got to see more of Dickie and Joyce too, which wasn't so great but more a necessity to the storyline so I can overlook it (hahaha). A surprise revelation about Tank and Grandma Mazur was entertaining as usual. This series is a lot of fun and I am looking forward to #14!



Don't Tell by Karen Rose

My Rating: 8 *'s

My Thoughts: First time reading this author and this story did a great job of keeping me on the edge of my seat between anxiety and hope that Caroline outwits the villain. Really liked the characters and the inner tormoil both Max and Caroline have to overcome. I enjoyed the ending and the closure it brought.





Cheating At Solitaire by Ally Carter

My Rating: 9 *'s

My Thoughts: Very cute story and a fast read. Enjoyed all of the characters except for Lance's agent. Thought he was a slimeball. Looking forward to the sequel.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)