Sunday, March 29, 2009

Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon

My Rating: 10*'s

Description: Eleven thousand years ago, a god was born. Cursed into the body of a human, Acheron spent a lifetime of shame. But the strongest steel is forged from the fires of hell…

Acheron’s human death unleashed an unspeakable horror that almost destroyed the earth. Then, brought back against his will, he became the sole defender of mankind. Only it was never that simple. For centuries, Acheron has fought for our survival and hidden a past he’ll do anything to keep concealed. Until a lone woman who refuses to be intimidated by him threatens his very existence. Now his survival—and ours—hinges on hers, and old enemies reawaken and unite to kill them both. War has never been more deadly...or more fun.

My Thoughts: Just when I think this series is nearing it's completion, a book like ACHERON revives it into high gear. Ash's long awaited story fulfills every fan's need to know who Ash was before there were Dark-Hunters. A man who strikes fear into demons and Daimons, his army of Dark-Hunters know very little about his past and where he comes from.

At times, I found this story very disturbing as the often horrifying events of his life are played out in graphic detail beginning with his birth over 10,000 years ago to the present. And in spite of every betrayal, here is a man who is compassionate and bearing a great capacity to love and a deep desire to be loved and accepted.

So rest easy, Dark-Hunter fans, I think there will be much more to come. Personally, I want to see a happy ending for Nick and Artemis to be turned into a toad.

1 comment:

Brenda Janowitz said...

hey sherri! you won the CITY DOG contest over on my blog! shoot me an email and claim your prize!

xoxo
brenda

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)