Saturday, April 18, 2009

Deep Midnight by Shannon Drake

Deep Midnight by Shannon Drake

My Rating: 7 *'s

Description: An opulent Carnivale ball in Venice takes a terrifying turn for book critic Jordan Riley. As festivity turns into frenzy, she is rescued by a powerful man disguised as a wolf. But was what she witnessed really just the evening's entertainment -- or something far more sinister?

From a deconsecrated church in Venice to a secret society in New Orleans, Jordan is led on a nightmare journey to the razor's edge of reality. Her mysterious savior is always a shadow behind her. A man whose closeness will both torment and tantalize her as darkness falls -- and an eternal hunger threatens to consume her.

My Thoughts: I liked Lucian's story better. Though this story takes place in Venice for the most part, I felt lost throughout the book and the ending did not bring any closure. I was left feeling unsure what the future holds for Jordan and Ragnor. I thought Raphael was a fantastic character and I enjoyed seeing Maggie, Sean, Lucian and Jade again, though the timeline between Lucian's book and this one is not clear. Hopefully, the next book in this series will bring some closure with Ragnor and Jordan.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)