Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

My Rating: 8 *'s

Description: I FELT LIKE I WAS TRAPPED IN ONE OF THOSE TERRIFYING NIGHTMARES...the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough...But this was no dream, and, unlike the nightmare, I wasn't running for my life; I was racing to save something infinitely more precious. My own life meant little to me today.

For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is even more dangerous than Bella ever could have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of one evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may be just beginning...

My Thoughts: enjoyed the first book in the series more, though this story reveals more details about Jacob and his tribe. Bella & Edward spend a great deal of the book apart so that is probably why I didn't connect to the story as much and Bella comes across as very needy in this book. Besides Jacob and Bella, I wonder if anyone else in Forks know that the Cullens are vampires. The numerous references to Romeo & Juliet started to get a little old too by the end of the story.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)