Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Ghost And The Dead Deb by Alice Kimberly

The Ghost And The Dead Deb by Alice Kimberly

My Rating: 7 *'s

Description: The spirit is willing...to solve a murder

Don’t haunt the customers!

This was the only rule bookshop owner and widow Penelope Thornton-McClure had given her resident ghost, hard-boiled PI Jack Shepard. But when the hot young author Angel Stark arrives at the store to promote her latest, a true crime novel, Jack can hardly contain himself. After all, this is his specialty!

Angel's book is an unsolved mystery about a debutante found strangled to death. And it's filled with juicy details that point a finger at a number of people in the deb's high society circle. But when the author winds up dead too, in precisely the same way, Pen is fast on the case...which means Jack is too. After all, a ghost detective never rests in peace.

My Thoughts: Second book in The Haunted Bookshop series. This one wasn't bad, but I enjoyed the first one more. There's a slight hint of an attraction between Penelope and Jack, but seriously, where can it go? He's dead! As with the first book, I enjoy the banter between Penelope and Jack and his vernacular is quite entertaining. The author does a good job of making Jack believable with his vocabulary. I have the next two books in this series and am looking forward to reading them.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)