Title: Thanks For The Memories
Author: Cecelia Ahern
Publication Date: April, 2008
Paperback: 373 pages
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Description: How can you know someone you’ve never met? Joyce Conway remembers things she shouldn’t. She knows about tiny cobbled streets in Paris, which she has never visited. And every night she dreams about an unknown little girl with blonde hair. Justin Hitchcock is divorced, lonely and restless. He arrives in Dublin to give a lecture on art and meets an attractive doctor, who persuades him to donate blood. It’s the first thing to come straight from his heart in a long time. When Joyce leaves hospital after a terrible accident, with her life and her marriage in pieces, she moves back in with her elderly father. All the while, a strong sense of déjà vu is overwhelming her and she can’t figure out why …
My Thoughts: Not my favorite from this author, here’s a tale about a woman who receives a blood transfusion from a man she has never met and begins to recall his memories and develops skills and abilities she has never known, like speaking Latin and a knowledge of ancient architecture.
What happens next are several random sightings and near-miss chance encounters as they are being drawn to each other without knowing why or who the other one really is. The story dragged quite a bit for me but I was compelled to hang in there just so I could find out what would happen when Joyce and Justin finally discover who the other one is.
Some interesting characters adding to the story are Joyce’s father, who continuously calls her by her mother’s name; Justin’s brother, Al and his wife, Doris, who are visiting from Chicago and Justin’s daughter who unwittingly plays a pivotal role in bringing Justin and Joyce together.
Not a bad story, overall, but for this author, I recommend P.S. I LOVE YOU, ROSIE DUNNE or IF YOU COULD SEE ME NOW.
- ► 2016 (35)
- ► 2015 (62)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (57)
- ► 2012 (62)
- ► 2011 (60)
- Out With The Old, In With The New
- REVIEW: The Ghost And The Dead Man's Library by A...
- REVIEW: The Cinderella Pact by Sarah Strohmeyer
- REVIEW: Thanks For The Memories by Cecelia Ahern
- REVIEW: Dying To Call You by Elaine Viets
- REVIEW: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- New Additions To The TBR Pile In November
- ▼ December (7)
- ► 2009 (76)
- ► 2008 (26)
- ► 2007 (24)
- ► 2005 (35)
- I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at email@example.com Happy Reading! :o)