Tuesday, February 15, 2011

REVIEW: Death Perception by Victoria Laurie

Title: Death Perception (Psychic Eye Mystery #6)
Author: Victoria Laurie
Publisher: Signet
Publication Date: August, 2008
Paperback: 336 pages
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Rating: 8/10

Description: It took a while for Abby Cooper's FBI agent boyfriend, Dutch Rivers, to accept her psychic gifts as the real deal. But these days he knows better than to question Abby's visions. So when his favorite cousin Chase is kidnapped in Vegas, they both catch the next flight to Sin City. Abby's inner eye insists that Chase is still alive, but nothing else about the case adds up—especially Dutch's reluctance to involve his own Bureau.

On top of everything, Dutch is battling a mysterious illness, and Abby keeps having disturbing dreams that predict his death. Dutch wants Abby to promise that if the investigation goes south, she'll head home to safety. But when the chips are down, Abby won't fold without a fight...

My Thoughts: My enjoyment of this series has been kicked back into high gear with this installment. Dutch and Abby head to Las Vegas after his cousin and the man he was working for are kidnapped. Upon arriving in Vegas, the clues seem to lead to more than they originally thought.

All of a sudden, Dutch disappears without trace and Abby suspects time is running out for him. To make matters worse, the FBI and local authorities think Dutch is somehow involved in the kidnappings. When they turn up the heat on Abby, she does the only thing anyone can do. She goes into hiding and enlists the help of her sister, Cat and business partner, Candice.

I enjoyed the twists and turns in this story and how events from earlier books finally get closure in this story. Candice’s antics provide some much needed comic relief during the investigation into Dutch’s disappearance. The next story looks to be interesting too as this one ends with Abby being offered more direct involvement with the FBI. Hopefully, Candice will continue to play a major role as I really like this character. Where Abby is reserved and cautious, Candice is outgoing and daring. Their personalities complement each other like two halve of a whole.

Fans of cozy mystery stories will enjoy the interesting storyline this series provides without the campy silliness a lot of other series seem to lean toward.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)