Saturday, November 24, 2018

REVIEW: Christmas In Transylvania by Sandra Hill

Title: Christmas in Transylvania (Deadly Angels #4.5)
Author: Sandra Hill
Publisher: Avon Impulse
Publication Date: October, 2014
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Description: For the first time ever, the leader of the Viking Vampire Angels, Vikar Sigurdsson, has been talked into celebrating a traditional Christmas! The tree has been decorated, the gifts have been wrapped, and the stockings have been hung. And that's mistletoe, not cobwebs, hanging from the ceiling of the creepy castle full of vangels … really!

The icing on the vampire cookie comes when vangel Karl Mortensen rescues Faith Larson, a battered young waitress, from her abusive boyfriend and hides her in the castle amidst the Christmas chaos. But what Karl thought was a frail young teenager is actually a very tempting woman. And she thinks his fangs are sexy!

But a strange "Christmas visitor" at the castle and demon vampires up to their old tricks could threaten the budding romance between Karl and Faith. It's an impossible match—a human and a vangel—but Christmas is a time for magic.

Karl and Faith don't stand a chance …

My Thoughts: Meh…it had some cute moments. There were some humorous moments, but the book didn’t grab me like I hoped. I’m going to chalk it up to not having read any of the Deadly Angels series and not knowing anything about any of the characters who made an appearance in this story or why they are vampire angels (how is that even possible?). I will say I liked Karl and Faith but I didn’t really buy in to how quickly they fell for each other. Didn’t feel genuine to me. Let’s face it. He rescues her from a bad situation at home with the douchebag boyfriend, so naturally, she feels gratitude and that can evolve into something, but I just wasn’t convinced. They don’t know each other and don’t know anything about each other. I thought Faith’s reaction when she discovers what Karl is was a little downplayed.

My Final Verdict: If you are looking for paranormal Christmas cheer, you might like this. If you are a fan of this author’s Deadly Angel series and already are familiar with all the characters, then I expect this book will deliver what you are looking for.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)