Sunday, October 10, 2004

Working the Powerball

Here it is on a Sunday morning nearly 2 AM. I can't sleep and tomorrow I have to work at 4:30 PM. Would rather not go to work. Would rather call into work and tell them, "I'm not coming in ever again. I have to pick up my Powerball winnings." The $200 million plus jackpot was won by some lucky schlub in Delaware, so I will be going to work . Don't get me wrong. I love my job. I feel like it's rewarding for the most part. The pay and benefits package is the best I've ever had the opportunity to receive from any other job. I would just rather not work. Not work without creating a financial hardship or drastically have to alter my lifestyle in order to stay home. Some people ask me why I want to stay home. I have no children, so why stay home? I would just be bored. Unlike a lot of women I know, I've never wanted a career. I've always felt like my "career" was taking care of Rob (which, if some of you knew him, would agree that in itself is a full-time job --- ha ha ha). Not long after we got married, I was "educated" that if we ever wanted anything of substance or value (i.e. a house), we would both have to work. Why? Why does owning a house mean you both have to sacrifice your time together and both work? Especially when most mortgage payments are CHEAPER than an apartment? I just don't get it. I want to stay home. I want to take care of Rob, take care of our home, be a better wife. I want to spend my time taking better care of our home (I hate cleaning and it's probably due in a large part to the feeling of never having the time nor the energy) and I want to be a better cook (I also hate cooking probably for the same reasons I hate cleaning). But, I can't. Now I have to work to help pay the bills. So, I go to work (against my will) and dream of what it would be like to not HAVE to work. What it would be like to be the next "lucky schlub" to win the Powerball.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)