Sunday, February 22, 2009

Imitation In Death by J.D. Robb

Imitation In Death by J.D. Robb

My Rating: 10 *'s

Description: Summer 2059. A man wearing a cape and a top hat approaches a prostitute on a dark New York City street. Minutes later, the woman is dead. Left at the scene is a letter addressed to Lieutenant Eve Dallas, inviting her to play his game and unveil his identity. He signs it "Jack."

Now Eve is in pursuit of a murderer who knows as much about the history of serial killers as she does. He has studied the most notorious and the most vicious slayings in modern time. But he also wants to make his own mark. He has chosen his victim: Eve Dallas. And all Eve knows is that he plans to mimic the most infamous murderers of all --- starting with Jack the Ripper.

My Thoughts: Great installment! I love this series! I love how the characters are developing out and growing. Several moments had me laughing and there were a few that made me teary eyed too. The story kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the book. I enjoy how the author weaves an intricate plot that holds the reader's interest while using characters that are thoroughly entertaining.

I can't wait for each book just to see how Somerset and Eve annoy one another. Another great feature of this series is that the secondary characters are so well written that they become integral to the reader's enjoyment of the story. Peabody and McNabb; Mavis and Leonardo; Feeney and Truheart; and of course Somerset and even Galahad.

I hope this series never ends as I would feel like I would be losing contact with family and close friends.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)