Saturday, July 04, 2009

The Romancipation Of Maggie Hunter by Jane Sigaloff

The Romancipation Of Maggie Hunter by Jane Sigaloff

My Rating: 6 *'s

Description: Is it time to move in or move on?

Isn't commitment what every girl dreams of?

Maggie Hunter is living that dream. Her career is taking off and, thanks to Japanese straightening, her hair is lying down. Maggie even has a serious boyfriend, Max, who could very well be The One. In the throes of a feel-good relationship she thought possible only on the big screen, she should be ecstatic when he pops the question: Will you move in with me?

But commitment-wary Maggie's not sure if she's ready to go from "me" to "we" --- or if she can cope with sharing a closet. If only she could be more like Eloise, her best friend who's dying to start nesting. Except Eloise is dating Jake, who's allergic to forward planning. He'll barely commit to an entire weekend at her place, let alone a joint lease.

So Eloise wants a man like Max, and Maggie wants a man like Jake. Or at least that's how it's looking from some angles. Maybe all they need is a switch?

My Thoughts: Pretty good story though I didn't seem to connect with Maggie through most of the book and towards the end of the story, her actions seemed to be out of control and not making alot of sense. Fortunately, the ending brought a twist that enabled all of the characters to have a happy ending.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)