Saturday, July 04, 2009

Visions In Death by J.D. Robb

Visions In Death by J.D. Robb

My Rating: 10 *'s

Description: A brand-new novel in the In Death series set in 2059 New York City. As technology and humanity collide, Detective Eve Dallas searches the darkest corners of Manhattan for an elusive killer with a passion for collecting souls....

On one of the city's hottest nights, New York Police Lieutenant Eve Dallas is sent to Central Park -- and into a hellish new investigation. The victim is found on the rocks, just above the still, dark water of the lake. Around her neck is a single red ribbon. Her hands are posed, as if in prayer. But it is the eyes -- removed with such precision, as if done with the careful hands of a surgeon -- that have Dallas most alarmed.

As more bodies turn up, each with the same defining scars, Eve is frantic for answers. Against her instincts, she accepts help from a psychic who offers one vision after another -- each with shockingly accurate details of the murders. And when partner and friend Peabody is badly injured after escaping an attack, the stakes are raised. Are the eyes a symbol? A twisted religious ritual? A souvenir? With help from her husband, Roarke, Dallas must uncover the killer's motivation before another vision becomes another nightmare....

My Thoughts: Very intense with a major twist I did not see coming at all! This installment shows how fragile the characters are as this case becomes personal for Eve, hitting much too close to her heart, but she doesn't let it get personal and take over her direction.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)