Thursday, August 13, 2009

Halfway To The Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Halfway To The Grave by Jeaniene Frost

My Rating: 10 *'s

Description: Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father—the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.

In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner—are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

My Thoughts: Excellent series featuring a strong heroine who is half human and half vampire. Cat's mission to hunt and destroy all vampires brings her into contact with a vampire who is a bounty hunter and whom she learns to trust and ultimately love as they form a partnership to bring down a group of killers whose connections reach quite high. The chemistry between Cat and Bones is very intense. As a woman who has grown up hating half of who she is and vowing to kill every vampire, she is reluctant to trust Bones and would gladly kill him at her first opportunity. She doesn't count on trusting him and finally loving him enough to make a great sacrifice to keep him safe.

This book ends on a downer but it holds promise of what the next installment of this series may bring. I am looking forward to finding out what adventures are in store for Cat and Bones as well as the direction their relationship takes. Fans of the paranormal genre will enjoy this series for the unique story it tells and the witty, sarcastic dialogue between Cat and Bones.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)