Sunday, August 23, 2009

Origin In Death by J.D. Robb

Origin In Death by J.D. Robb

My Rating: 10*'s

Description: Set in 2059 in New York City, the number-one bestselling In Death series has given fans a searing glimpse into near-future law and order. Now, as scientists work to expand the limits of technology, Detective Eve Dallas tracks the cunning, cold-blooded killer of a father and son.

A pioneer of modern reconstructive and cosmetic surgery, Dr. Wilfred B. Icove, is found dead in his office -- murdered in a chillingly efficient manner: one swift stab to the heart. Struck by the immaculate condition of the crime scene, Dallas suspects a professional killing. Security disks show a stunningly beautiful woman calmly entering and leaving the building -- the good doctor's final appointment.

Known as "Dr. Perfect," the saintly Icove devoted his life to his family and his work. His record is clean. Too clean for Dallas. She knows he was hiding something and suspects that his son -- and successor -- knows what it is. Then, like father, like son, the young Dr. Icove is killed... with the same deadly precision.

But who is the mystery woman -- and what was her relationship with the good doctors? While her husband, Roarke, works behind the scenes, Dallas follows her darkest instincts into the Icoves' pasts. What she discovers are men driven to create perfection -- playing fast and loose with the laws of nature, the limits of science, and the morals of humanity.

In "a series that gets better with each book" (Publishers Weekly), ORIGIN IN DEATH proves once again the incredible appeal of Eve Dallas and the bestselling popularity of her creator. Whether writing as herself or as J. D. Robb, Nora Roberts continues to push the boundaries of suspense -- and she takes delighted fans along for the ride.

My Thoughts: A fantastic installment that pulls Eve, Roark and company into the world of genetic cloning and what else --- murder! What starts out as a typical homicide investigation for Eve quickly spirals into a whirlpool of family secrets, ethics and integrity issues that pull Eve into different directions as she must confront her own ethics and integrity while making judgments on others.

Throwing into the mix is the arrival of Roark's LARGE extended family from Ireland to celebrate Thanksgiving, which pleases Roark to no end but has Eve struggling to take it all in, especially the children. I am thoroughly enjoying watching how Eve and Roark handle themselves around children. It's very entertaining and laughed quite a few times. Better them than me.

If you haven't read this series before, give yourself a treat and start. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)