Saturday, September 12, 2009

One Silent Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

One Silent Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

My Rating: 10 *'s

Description: In the world of the Dark-Hunters, all hell's breaking loose...

Stryker has sent word and is gathering his forces.

While the world carries on unawares, Stryker, who leads an army of demons and vampires, is plotting an all out onslaught against his enemies-which, unfortunately for us, includes the entire human race.

To avenge his sister, Stryker prepares to annihilate the Dark-Hunters. But things go awry when his oldest enemy returns. Enter his ex-wife. Zephyra. Just when he thought nothing could stop him, he's now embroiled in a centuries old war with a shrew who gives new meaning to pain.

My Thoughts: The first surprise of this book was that I could actually feel any empathy whatsoever for Stryker, whom I have felt had no redeeming qualities at all. Throughout this entire series, Stryker has been a royal pain in my reading pleasure and I'm sure all of the Dark-Hunters would agree.

Readers are given a front row seat into the life of Stryker and the woman he loved and eventually betrayed. Though I cannot approve of what Stryker and his Daimons do, I now have a better understanding of what compels them.

It was good to see Nick again and learning more about his origins was quite alot to take in so I'm definitely looking forward to reading his story and I'm still hopeful that he and Ash can make peace. Some new characters that I would like to see in upcoming books as well as some of the recurring ones I still enjoy.

All in all, a great story full of the stuff that the fans of Dark-Hunters love and have come to expect. All that is left is wanting more.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)