Monday, December 28, 2009

Insider Dating by Jennifer O'Connell

Insider Dating by Jennifer O'Connell

My Rating: 8 *'s

Description: Recently divorced, top financial analyst Abby Dunn has learned the hard way that when it comes to relationships, there's no sure thing. But Abby has decided to use her knack for risk management to change all that --- and give a whole new meaning to mergers and acquisitions. She's creating a members-only club in which women share the inside-dating information they need to invest in their greatest assets: themselves. And she has underperforming men running scared.

But while Abby is busy hedging bets, someone is skewing her data and threatening to ruin her business. Now Abby is is about to find out that sometimes even the savviest market wizards can be headed for a crash.

While it may be perfectly legal, nothing good can come from insider dating...

My Thoughts: The first book I've read by this author. I liked the characters and the story had a good premise. The back cover blurb is not accurate, though. The author doesn't spend a lot of time in the past which would have given the reader a better understanding of why Abby's marriage failed, which is the catalyst for her actions in this story. I liked that Abby was a flawed heroine. She made a lot of mistakes and definitely wasn't the victim of a bad marriage as she contributed to the downfall quite a bit. She also carries a lot of baggage from her own parents divorce with her that established the foundation for a lot of her behavior and thinking. I will be looking for more books by this author.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)