Tuesday, January 05, 2010

2009 In Review

Another year has come and gone and the best part of the reading year is upon me as I get to look back and evaluate what I read and how my stats measured up. Happily, 2009 was a better year in reading than 2008 was. I read 53 books and only gave up on 8.

My reading had a few changes. The biggest change was there was a substantial drop in my chick-lit reading and a large increase in other fiction. My cozy mysteries dropped by half as well. My hunger for the mystery/suspense/thriller genre has not been satisfied, which is good as I am really enjoying them. I put the "Twilight" series books I read under Young Adult since that's how they are marketed but this is where you can be creative in your cataloging as these books cross genre lines into paranormal romance and fiction. Here's how it stacked up:

Chick-Lit: 7
Cozy Mystery: 3
Mystery / Suspense / Thriller: 15
Paranormal Romance: 13
Young Adult: 3
Anthologies: 2
Other Fiction / Literature: 10

My selections for the best reads of 2009 in the order they were read are:

Don't Talk Back To Your Vampire by Michele Bardsley
O Is For Outlaw by Sue Grafton
When Darkness Falls by Shannon Drake
Deja Demon: The Days And Nights Of A Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom by Julie Kenner
Imitation In Death by J.D. Robb
For A Few Demons More by Kim Harrison
Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon
The Outlaw Demon Wails by Kim Harrison
Say Goodbye by Lisa Gardner
Remember When by Nora Roberts
Divided In Death by J.D. Robb
High Noon by Nora Roberts
Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich
Fool by Christopher Moore
From Dead To Worse by Charlaine Harris
Visions In Death by J.D. Robb
White Witch, Black Curse by Kim Harrison
Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich
Survivor In Death by J.D. Robb
Halfway To The Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Origin In Death by J.D. Robb
Memory In Death by J.D. Robb
One Silent Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Girls' Night In by Jennifer Weiner, Meg Cabot, Sophie Kinsella and more
Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Charmed & Dangerous by Candace Havens
Bad Moon Rising by Sherrilyn Kenyon
A Vision Of Murder by Victoria Laurie
Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich
Killer Insight by Victoria Laurie
Dead And Gone by Charlaine Harris
Undead And Unpopular by MaryJanice Davidson
True Lies Of A Drama Queen by Lee Nichols

Here's hoping 2010 will bring on more excellent reading!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I definitely have a 'comfort zone' for my reading materials, and I've never thought to classify the types of books I read. There are so many on your list that sound intriguing to me that I know I'm going to have to check out, but the list is just going to get bigger and bigger until all three of my kids are in school and I have the time to read all day long! (housework? we don't need no stinking housework!)

By the way, the blog remodel is cute. :) Thanks for the suggestions and reviews, they are definitely helpful for a fellow book nerd.

My word verification for this comment is "preck"

hahahahahahahaha!!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)